General Information for Continuing Education Course
General Information for Notary Public
General Information for Pre-Licensing Course
DRE Examination and License Information
-Students may go to the DRE web site at www.dre.ca.gov to learn the most recent examination and license information. The web site has a menu on the left side of the home page.Examination information can be found by clicking on "Examinees".License information can be found by clicking on "Licensees". If you take the time to click and read all of the topics in these two sections,most of your examination and licensing questions sould be answered.
- The registration form is legally binding when signed by student and accepted by our institution.
- Fees are *Refundable if requested by writing and made prior to the first instruction day of the course or sent by the 8th business day after the first day course material is received in the correspondence course.
- All payments will be made within 30 days of student withdrawal.
Overview of course length and final examination
- Minimum course length time is 2.5 weeks, before the online final examination can be accessed. No more than two courses can be completed* in a 5 week period.
- Maximum course length allowed for the completion of this course is 365 days from the date of enrollment. Consequently access to the online final examination will expired 365 days after enrollment.
- A student shall not be permitted to take the online final examination until he/she has completed the instructional portion of the approved course.
- The expected study time for each course is approximately 45 hours.
- An optional Course and Instructor Evaluation is available by accessing the website, www.dre.ca.gov, and then selecting the "Course & Instructor Evaluation" located in the lower right hand portion of the Department of Real Estate's home page.
- Disclosure Statement-Private providers of pre-license statutory real estate courses must obtain course approval from the Department of Real Estate (DRE). As part of the approval process, the DRE reviews the course materials only. The DRE does not qualify the school or course provider. In addition there is no regulatory oversight of private pre-license course providers who offer courses or programs costing $500 or less. For courses or programs over $500, qualification by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education is required, in addition to DRE course approval. As a result, if a course provider offering a course costing $500 or less fails to deliver the educational course/program as represented, a student's monetary remedy is to seek redress in Small Claims Court. Students are cautioned to fully understand the education course/program offered by the provider before enrolling or registering. A list of pre-license statutory courses approved by the DRE can be founded on the DRE web site at www.dre.ca.gov under DRE Records.
How to Register
1. Go to http://www.a-1school.com
2. In the lower right hand corner, click the blue button that says “Register."
3. Enter your email address, which will also be your account user name.
4. Create your own password. It must be at least 6 characters long.
5. Be sure to fill in all the specified fields marked with a red asterisk.
6.Click "Continue." 7. Now, your account has been created. Review the information carefully. If you need to edit any information, press “Edit Account" on the bottom right corner.
8. If everything is correct, you may continue to choose courses from the left hand column.
9. After you choose a course, click “Buy"to purchase. You may then review your selections and press“Checkout."
10. Here you will enter your payment methods and then press “Confirm."
11. Course Materials will ship within 1 day after payment is received.
12. Be sure to keep your user name and password in a safe place as you will need it to log in to your account and take the final exam.
Schedule of Fees: $80 for each course
Purpose of fees: The purpose of the fees are to pay for the textbook, postage and mailing fees of textbook, and processing fee for the final examination.
Acceptable form of payments: Credit card, Paypal and Checks are acceptable forms of payment.
* The time requirement for course completion runs from the date the student receives courses material to the date final exam is successfully passed. The date final exam is taken is not necessarily the date the exam is graded
General Course Outline
- Courses offered and textbooks used include:
- Legal Aspects of Real Estate
California Real Estate Law by W. Huber & K. Tyler, 7th ed.
- Property Management
Property Management by W. Huber & W. Pivar, 5th ed.
- Real Estate Appraisal
Real Estate Appraisal by W. Huber, L.P. Messick, & W. Pivar, 3rd ed.
- Real Estate Economics
Real Estate Economics by W. Huber, L.P. Messick, & W. Pivar, 5th ed
- Real Estate Finance
Real Estate Finance by W. Huber & L.P. Messick, 7th ed.
Escrow 1: An Introduction by W. Huber & J. Newton, 4th ed.
- Real Estate Practice California Real Estate Practice by W. Huber & A. Lyons, 6th ed.
- Real Estate Principles
California Real Estate Principles by W. Huber, 13th ed.
Study the textbook and prepare for the final examination, optional achievement examinations are at the end of each chapter of the book. When you are ready to take the final examination, (minimum of 2.5 weeks, or maximum of 365 days after enrollment) you will login online with a username and password to complete the exam.
The final exam will be available 18 days after you receive the course material.
To check when you can take your exam: log into your account, press “My Account" on the top right of the page, and click “My Exam" in the login box. Look under the “Available Date From" column for the date you can start taking the exam. “Available Date To "indicates the expiration date of the test. You must take the test by this date.
Please keep your user name and password confidential. This information will be required to access your exam and ensures that the person taking the exam is the same person who enrolled in the course. If the person taking the final exam is not the person who is enrolled in the course, the student will be expelled from the course.
After passing the exam, a certificate of completion for the course will be available to be printed out from the internet.
The final exam is online and consists of 100 multiple-choice questions based on textbook material. The examination is open book and must be completed within 2.5 hours. Once the allotted time has passed, the final exam will be graded as is. Results will be available online after completion.
The results of each student's final exam will be available on the Internet after completion.
A 60% or better passing score is required on the final exam for the student to pass the score. However, if the student receives a failing grade (scores less than a 60%), the student needs to wait at least 18 days before re-taking the final exam. The final examination taken by students a second time will be the same format (similar difficulty), but questions may be slightly different.
In each pre-licensing book used there are chapter quizzes which are not required but optional for students who wish to assess their own knowledge before the online final exams. In this way, students may feel comfortable with the format of the final examination while practicing on their own with the quizzes. All final examination question answers can be found in the textbook and therefore is a clear way of assessing student's knowledge.
Please review the following conditions and comply with them.
* The maximum time for this course exam is 2.5 hours
* This is an open book exam
1. After adequate preparation (no less than 2.5 weeks but no more than 365 days after receiving course materials), you will need to use the username and password to log in for the final examination for the final examination.
2. Only the student who registered for the course is allowed to take the final exam. Cheating, by allowing someone other than yourself to take the exam, may result in suspension, license revocation, or other penalties.
3. Start the testing by reading each question and choosing your responses carefully.
4. On completion of the final exam, results will be available online instantly. Upon successful completion (60% or higher), a certificate will be issued to you online that you can print or save to print at a later time.
5. PLEASE NOTE that final exams are not printable and downloadable. After the allotted time period of 2.5 hours, your exam session will expire.
Thank you for allowing us to provide your statutory course!
If any questions arise on the proper handling of this exam process, please call 626-552-2128